Electrical fires cause all sorts of injuries, fatalities and property damage every year across the UK. It is important to have your home’s wiring in excellent shape to ensure you don’t run into any issues. If you don’t want to become a statistic, you must take important steps to secure your residence. Bedford electricians offer a wide variety of services to safeguard your premises, they can assess your home and give you a breakdown of what needs to be done.
Here are some signs you may need to call a trained electrician to inspect your property:
- Experiencing regular blown out fuses
- Over-fused electrical panel
- Flickering lights
- Defective outlets
- Hot or discoloured switch plates
If you notice any of the signs mentioned above or you are having other issues with your electrical system, don’t take any chances, call a professional today. An expert will visit your home and run a full diagnostic, identifying the problem and safely resolving the issue.
Taking Additional Precautions
Even if you don’t notice any obvious problems with your domestic electrical system, it is still a good idea to have it checked at regular intervals throughout the year. There are also other circumstances where you’ll need to have a professional electrician inspect your home.
- If your property is over 40 years old or hasn’t been lived in for many years.
- If you’ve made major home improvements such as an extension.
- If your property has aluminium instead of copper wiring.
- If you’ve added major appliances that consume a lot of electricity.